Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Craft Time!

A while ago, I posted about wanting to make a reading graffiti board to encourage students to read closely for that "perfect quote" and write it on black butcher paper with silver or gold Sharpies (depending which period they are in).  The quotes should encourage others to want to read the books as well because there is no better recommendation than peer ones :)


Today I found this super cute black chalk board/picture frame at TJ Maxx:


I plan to use this as my example for the quote board.  

I'll write my quote above, then put the instructions for adding their own to the black paper below.  I decided to use the side of a cabinet for the board, so I can display the frame above.  

(Picture coming soon...I'm not allowed in my classroom yet!)




No comments:

Post a Comment