Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tectonic Plates

In science, we've been working on land forms.  Yesterday we talked about layers of the earth and created this anchor chart:


We aren't supposed to use pre-made anchor charts or posters, so I cut up an old one from the Dollar Tree to use the graphic for my new one.


We talked about the three possible outcomes for tectonic plates and created TPR activities to help students remember today's lesson.  I didn't get a picture of them doing the hand motions today but I'll update this blog soon with those images!  

(TPR is total physical response, it's a strategy to help ELL and IEP students make lasting memories.  By adding physical motions to the vocabulary words, students activate both hemispheres of their brains and make longer lasting connections).

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    drupal development services
    Woocommerce Development services

    ReplyDelete