Saturday, October 5, 2013

Mystery Walker

I've seen this idea all over pinterest and I figured I'd give it a try.

The strategy is "mystery walker".


You can make cute containers to put the names in like picture above, but since I'm pressed for time, a ziplock baggie with little slips of paper works just fine too.

I draw a name and that student is the one I'm focusing on in line.  Instead of always saying "I like how so and so is keeping his/her hands to himself" or using other positive reinforcement strategies, I use "I hope my mystery walker is showing me his/her best halls to earn us student points."  

I don't reveal the gender of the student. 

I've used it for a few days and it's going pretty well.  My students are super motivated to earn student points, which we use for a class competition.  This week they earned almost 20 marbles in their jar, which was very exciting for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment