Monday, August 5, 2013

New Novel Unit: Loser by Jerry Spinelli



I just finished Jerry Spinelli's Loser and although the book is over ten years old (yikes!), its message is still quite relevant today. I plan to have some great class discussions about bullying and acceptance with this novel.  I know some of the upcoming fifth graders would really benefit from the contrast between "winners" and "losers" in the novel.  

I created a teacher's guide with comprehension questions, vocabulary and homework (for each chapter) that is now available at my TpT store.  Coming in at close to thirty pages and aligned to the Common Core state standards, it is really quite a good deal.  Grab yours now and get ready to rock those small reading groups!




Also available at my TpT store are the last 2 of the Percy Jackson series.  Many more will be coming, they're just stored on my teacher computer which I don't have access to yet :)

Ms. Vice

No comments:

Post a Comment