Sunday, August 11, 2013

New Product: novel unit for Hunger Games


November 2010:

I was first assigned the Hunger Games as a homework assignment for a class on contemporary children's literature.  To be fair, I think I was assigned the first eight chapters of the book.

I started on a Thursday night.  The next thing I knew, it was three in the morning and my alarm was set to go off in two hours.  Needless to say, a Borders trip was in the near future and I quickly owned the series.

After a successful donorschoose grant, I owned six of each of the books. I was ready to do the novel with my highest groups. 

We read the first novel after the Hatchet series and many, many discussions about survival.

I have posted my notes and teacher unit for the Hunger Games on TpT.  This 21 page document has vocabulary suggestions, extension project suggestions, comprehension questions for each chapter (with answers) and more.  It's a must have!

Happy reading...

And may the odds be ever in your favor.

(Catching Fire and Mockingjay coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment