Saturday, August 10, 2013

New Centers on TPT: prefix and suffix sorts

While preparing for my small reading groups, I began thinking about word work.  For my group of fifth graders, our phonics is more focused on affixes, roots and multisyllabic words rather than vowel teams and blends.  So I made a concentration game for word work, focusing on prefixes.  Then I made one for suffixes.  Then I started making one for roots, but realized I had been way too productive for Saturday morning and turned on Netflix instead :)



You can grab these mega centers here at my TpT store.

Each is $2 and includes 28 pages (what a steal!).

After sorting and matching, you can have students write in their word work notebooks about how prefixes impact a word's meaning as well as make their own.

Hope your students enjoy this center as much as mine do!
-Ms. Vice

No comments:

Post a Comment