Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New Product: Novel Unit for Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth

After wrestling with the idea for quite some time, I decided to post my novel units on TpT.  I was worried that other teachers wouldn't find them useful, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.  I create my own novel units for each novel I read with small groups and keep these in a binder by my small group table.  I can keep one or two novels in my head, but when I have six groups (or worse, 12 next year!) it's tricky to remember exactly what happened in each chapter of each book and what questions I wanted to ask to really dig deep into the content.  Thus, I made myself a cheat sheet with sample answers so I'd know if students really read the information.

I updated these notes to include pre-reading questions, vocabulary and comprehension questions for each chapter, extension activities, post-reading activities, responses to literature (written responses) and suggested homework for each chapter.  Basically, you could pick up the novel unit and teach from it without ever reading the text because the answers are included.  That's right, sample answers are included for all the questions.  However, I'd still recommend reading the books because they're awesome. 

I posted my first one: Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth since I just finished re-reading this novel.  You can snag it here :)
Don't worry, there is a freebie download of the first few pages.  I promise I put a lot of work into this novel unit and it's worth the price!




No comments:

Post a Comment