Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Organizing

I love an organized, kid-friendly classroom.  I like the idea of having math centers, reading centers, buckets, etc etc.  

I love the look of this:


I just sadly don't have this much room in my classroom.  I do have a few of these bins that are color coded by subject area.  I snagged my teal ones at Target, but I also upcycled some brown cardboard ones with card stock, modge podge and duct tape:



I love the idea of students being able to just get what they need without continually needing to ask for supplies.

I also love this idea:

B: buddy games
U: using manipulatives
I: independent work
L: learning about numbers (number sense)
D: doing math



Another often wasted space is behind the door of massive cabinets.  Using an over the door hanger and a shoe holder, you can organize school supplies and centers:



These organizing hooks:

Also work great on the inside of cabinet doors.  I've used these to organize borders and sentence strips.  Simply clip the ends of the border with a binder clip and hang on the clips.  Your borders don't get wrinkled or ruined and you've maximized storage space!


 Happy organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment