Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New classroom supplies

I love buying school supplies. I realize that as a teacher, I probably don't need new pens every year, but there is something comforting about starting the school year off with new shiny writing utensils :)

In fifth grade, I some times find myself answering the same question over and over again.  It's not that I don't like questions, it's that I don't like questions that students already know the answer to.  That answer is usually  no.  No, you can't go to the bathroom right after recess. No, you can't trade seats to sit by your friend. No, you can't call your mom in the middle of class and need to wait until recess.  

So, courtesy of a Groupon sale, I bought this no button:

It says no in several different ways.  I plan to use it mostly for the bathroom question :)

Second, I always find myself in need of post-its or scratch paper.  So I was beyond excited when I stumbled upon this note pad at Ross:

There will be no doubt where my football loyalty lies :)  It's a perfect edition to my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment