Monday, November 9, 2015

Thankful November, Day 9: My Work Wife


Today, like most days, I'm thankful for my work wife, Mrs. H.  (Her husband, who also works at our school, knows we are work wives and accepts our constant collaboration).

She keeps me on task. She reminds me of work obligations that I've written down, then ignored. She motivates me to look for ways to improve and continue to improve my knowledge as an educator.  We're currently taking our fourth (?) grad class together and we keep each other accountable to deadlines.

She is very linear and sequential in her thinking and planning.  She is organized and on top of things.

I am organized in my own, slightly chaotic way.



See, I'm a squiggle and she's not.  That's why we work. 

I live in right brain, global thinking, big picture land where we try new things and make lots of connections.  She lives in scaffolded, sequential land and that's very good for students.  Together, we make some awesome learning opportunities for our students.

Sometimes I have to go to trainings and she's not there.  This is how I cope:



Those of you who also have work spouses, you get it.

I am thankful for the continued collaboration with my work wife.  We plan every subject together, share the SPED kids, and constantly bounce ideas off of one another.  My strengths compliment her areas of growth and vice versa.  She's my sounding board, my back up, and the person who willingly takes that kid when he's having that kind of day. 

I'm thankful for a majority of my coworkers, but she really stands out as one that consistently encourages and motivates me to be the best teacher I can be.  I hope I do the same for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment