Sunday, November 1, 2015

Thankful November, day 1: Candy


For the most part, I try to spread positive vibes.  Some days, it's much more difficult than others but I'm human and I do my best. I fully believe that focusing on the negative aspects only increases feelings of blah, so I try to find things to be grateful for.

Day 1: I'm thankful for candy

Last night was Halloween.  We stayed in to greet trick or treaters and make sure the pup was okay.  We anticipated a lot of door bell ringing and knew that would drive her crazy if we weren't here.

I am grateful that we have a home and live in a neighborhood with lots of cute kids.  My first few years in Las Vegas, I was living in an apartment. I'd buy candy, dress up, and be severely disappointed when only a handful of kids would show up.

Last year was our first Halloween in our home and we had a pretty steady parade of visitors.  Last night was no different.

I'm thankful that we were financially able to pass out candy and treats to children. 

I'm thankful to live in a home in a safe neighborhood with lots of children.  

 I'm thankful we have a few left overs to munch on. 

I'm thankful candy will be on sale today (yay!).

I'm thankful that B and I have different favorite candies, so my Twix bars will be safe because he reaches for sour candy and suckers first.

I'm thankful my school does a candy donation drive to donate to {Opportunity Village}, a local charity.  I love working at a school that emphasizes civic involvement and giving back to others.

Next year, I'll be stocking up on non-food items as well to be part of the {Teal Pumpkin Project}.  



I didn't find out about this great program until it was too late, so I'll be buying a fake pumpkin this week (when they are super on sale) and painting it teal.

As a teacher, I'm hyper-sensitive to students' allergies.  The Teal Pumpkin Project raises awareness for food allergies.  Participants have non-candy treats to hand out as well, such as pencils, erasers, crayons, etc.  I'll be stocking up on these items when they're on clearance and be ready for next year.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment