Saturday, November 7, 2015

Thankful November, day 7: Teachers Pay Teachers



I've found some amazing freebies on this site. 

I've found some paid products on this site.

I've also put my {own products} on this site.

Three years ago, I took a risk.  I was bored over the summer and wondered what I should do with all these resources I'd spent hours making.  After much deliberation, I decided to start this blog and put resources up online.  

My first month, I made $5.

Yes, $5 whole dollars.  Considering I uploaded three dozen different projects and spent hours uploading products, I was disappointed.  I checked my work email daily and considered quitting.  It seemed like a lot of work with no reward.

But I stuck with it.

I kept uploading products that I'd made for my students.

I braced myself for feedback.  There were some particularly harsh reviews.  But there was also an overwhelming amount of appreciation, which is sometimes lacking in a teacher's life.



As of right now, I have a 3.9/4 rating with almost sixty followers and over 300 reviews.  My favorite part is knowing that what my students love is also being enjoyed in classrooms all around the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment