Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Thankful November, day 3: Scholastic Book Orders

Day three: Scholastic Book Orders



Today, I am thankful for Scholastic Book Orders.



These provide such a great opportunity for my students.  Most months, certain books are $1.  Yes, a buck for a book.  Last month I snagged another copy of The Lightning Thief and a collection of poems by Edgar Allen Poe for a dollar a piece.  Somehow, my nine copies of The Lightning Thief are all checked out and we just read The Raven, so this was another natural purchase.

Even the books that aren't a dollar are much more discounted than stores such as Target, Barnes and Noble, or Costco.   I appreciate the significant savings, as do my students' families.

What's even better? Every order I place earns me points which I can then use on free books to build my classroom library.

Each order also has freebies for students who order, which in turn encourages reading.  

I try to place an order each time in addition to my students' orders.  Generally a $50 order will give me $10 in free books AND points for future purchases.


Plus, sometimes there's a cool Avengers themed reading poster which obviously will be proudly displayed in my classroom.

I'm thankful for Scholastic and their book orders because they offer low cost options to get books in students' hands.

I'm also thankful that my latest scholastic order should arrive this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment