Wednesday, November 11, 2015

One Year


I chose to have a long engagement (over a year). 366 days from now I'll be walking down the aisle and I couldn't be happier about it.

I have dress appointments next month. I know the style I'm leaning toward. I know my budget. I have my choices narrowed down to two stores.

Next month I'll be finalizing colors for my bridesmaids and get ideas for the groomsmen.

I've got my {photographer} booked for our engagement shots.  (We're using the venue's photographer for our wedding).  It's one of my friends and she was one of the first people I told after my first date with B.  Nearly three years later, she's shooting our engagement shots.

Our menu is pretty finalized and we've begun brainstorming bridal party gifts and the DJ list.  Our registry is in progress and I've got some crafting ideas for center pieces.

As of right now, there are two other weddings we'll be attending together before our own, so I'm excited to borrow ideas from friends.  There's also a big bridal show in January that I'll be attending (and trying not to be horrified by these "ideas").

I'm excited to be taking this slow and enjoy taking my time. I haven't felt rushed with any of my decisions and that's the way it's supposed to be.

Cheers to the next year! We've got lots of happy moments between now and our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment