Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Thankful November, day 18: time

Today, I'm thankful for time.



I'm thankful for the time I get with my students. It's not enough time to get all the learning done, but I'm thankful that seven hours of each day is spent with relatively good munchkins who are eager to learn.

I'm thankful for the time I spend in the car to and from work.  I have about a ten minute commute and that's enough time to jam out to some music, make a (hands free) phone call, or vent my feelings to the universe before arriving home.  There are three stop signs and two stop lights between my school parking lot and drive way.  For this, I'm thankful.  I do not miss a seventeen mile freeway commute each way, which would often result in an hour-long drive home.  I have more time for me because it's not spent in the car.

I'm thankful for the time me and B have to plan the wedding.  I'm in no way rushed to make any decisions and have the time to shop around, look for sales, and slowly check things off my list. Last weekend, I picked up our champagne flutes at TJ Maxx.  They've got gold polka dots and were significantly less than the ones online.  Score!

I'm thankful for couple time in the evenings.  Monday we watched football.  Last night, we watched Inside Out (my choice).  Tonight he has class, tomorrow I have class, Friday he has softball, and Saturday we've got a double date with some friends to have dinner and watch Mockingjay Part Two.

I'm thankful for me time.  B has class once a week, leaving me free to binge watch Once Upon a Time or read in a blanket fort without guilt.  I'm thankful that we're both mature enough to give each other alone time and not feel bad about spending time apart.  Sometimes, he just wants some video game time and I just want to nap.  We're a couple, not the same person.

What I'm not thankful for? It's time to leave the comforts of my polka dotted bathrobe and pajamas to get ready for work.  It's very, very hard to be motivated when it's so cold outside.

(I'm a child of the desert. It's in the forties. It's cold.)

No comments:

Post a Comment