Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Thankful November, day 4: B

About once or twice a month, I'm hit with a debilitating migraine.

For those of you who also experience migraines, you know how awful these can be.  

For those of you who don't, this is not a minor headache.  These stop me in my tracks (a rather difficult feat) and the only solution is essential oils and going to sleep. Light hurts my eyes, my entire body aches, and I feel as if my head is splitting open.

Essentially, this:



 Excederin migraine makes me nauseous, so I use a combination of DoTerra's past tense (for tension headaches) and peppermint to try to combat these migraines.  A small bit of chocolate usually helps as well. 

These migraines come out of no where, last for hours, and ruin whatever plans I had for that day.  When they appear at work, I have to wear sunglasses inside and dim the lights whenever possible.

One struck Monday night and despite my best efforts, which included Olive Garden left overs and Halloween candy, I went to bed at 7:30.  That was not in my plan. I had a lot of grading left to finish.

Am I thankful for migraines? Absolutely freaking not.  (There's another f word I normally use when describing these...but I will practice some form of censorship here.)


However, I am thankful for my fiance, B.  He's blessed enough to not experience these migraines, but he can tell when I have one and is incredibly patient.  By patient, I mean he tells me to stop whatever I'm doing and go to bed because he'll finish it up later.  He insists I put caring for myself first, which is difficult for me. 

He's incredibly supportive all the time, ranging from picking up the slack with household chores when I'm working late or it's report card time to picking up flowers and ice cream when I've had a rough day at work.

I'm thankful to have truly found a partner.  

He balances me; I'm a type A oldest child perfectionist and he's a laid back, type B youngest child.  He makes me laugh when I don't even want to smile.  He encourages me to try new things, comforts me when I fail, and makes every day more fun simply by being there. 

We may disagree on some of the little things, but we see eye to eye on what's truly important...except for football.   I'm working on it.

I'm thankful that in 373 days, I get to walk down the aisle in a white dress and marry him.

Who are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment