Friday, August 7, 2015

Don't be a tease

I love freebies, especially on TpT.  I get really excited when I see the word "freebie" on pinterest on teaching boards and frequently repin if I think the printable or activity will be useful in my classroom.

As a TpT seller, I have freebies.  To me, a freebie means it's downloadable and immediately usable in the classroom.  Sure, there might be some prep work (especially if it's a center and I want to laminate it), but as the name implies, it should be free.

For example, I stumbled upon this great {freebie}!



She's got lists upon lists for classroom organization, prep, and managing back to school stress. She also wrote a great blog post about how she uses this product, which you can read {here}.

However, not as TpT sellers & bloggers are as cool as her.  Many times I click on a link that's described in either the picture or the pinterest description (or both) as "free", only to discover it's not free at all.  I don't want the "free" preview that just has the table of contents, I want to see what the actual product looks like.  

Don't be a tease and advertise exciting classroom products as freebies, only to discover that's not the case. 


No comments:

Post a Comment