Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Story of Us, Continued

As I've previously shared, B and I have been together for a while.  We met at a mutual friend's birthday party and our first date was a few weeks later, on Valentine's day of all days.  Over the past two and a half years, we've had many adventures together, including recently adopting a puppy and buying a new dishwasher.  Granted, one of those was way more exciting than the other!

Now, I'm excited to share another new update:





With all of Las Vegas as our backdrop and the fourth of July fireworks providing a beautiful scene, he got down on one knee and asked if I'd marry him.  Amid my flowing tears, I said yes.  

He filmed the proposal to show my mom since she's currently on an adventure in Europe.  

The ring contains diamonds from my grandmother's ring, which she left to me.  It's both my something old and something new.

We called friends and family that night before choosing to announce on Facebook the next day.  I saw some girls from work the next morning and it was fun to get to show & tell them in person.

We've got lots of decisions to make in the upcoming months.  I started a pinterest board (because obviously) and am wanting to do as much of the decorations myself.  I enjoy crafting and event planning, so I feel like every other event (student council, being an RA, being a teacher) has been practice for this day.

At the same time, it's important to keep in mind that it's just one day.  One exciting day, but one day in a lifetime of adventures with B.  We will be mindful of our budget and I'll be meticulously organized with lists and ideas.

Stay tuned for craft updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment