Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Year in Reading Anchor Charts

I was *really* bad at uploading pictures of anchor charts this year (sorry guys).

As a result, y'all get the mega post with all of them! I took pictures so I'd remember for next year.  We make the charts with the students, so we don't reuse them over and over again.  I'll also upload the images to the "anchor charts" page with the blog.

Most of my anchor charts use multiple colors.  The black part is the part I read during a choral review on the carpet, the colorful words (key words) are what students read.  It's too overwhelming for them to read the whole poster together, but it's too boring if I read all of it.  It's our compromise!

Also, for the most part, my anchor charts are color coded.  This strategy helped my ELL students.  

My reading ones are blue.

Metacognition and Annotating for Close Reads






RI 5.2



RI 5.3

This standard focuses on relationships between people, events, and ideas.  We modeled with Dr. King, Rosa Parks, civil rights, and the bus boycotts.  They had a lot of fun with this standard!



RI 5.5

The large poster in the middle is a copy of the graphic organizer that was in their notebooks.



RI 5.6



RI 5.8

This standard focuses on evidence, so I like the acronym.



Writing

Narrative Writing

Some of these ideas are borrowed from Being a Writer, which is one of the resources at our school site.



Expository Writing


 
Word Parts

This technically fall sunder reading, but I chose to make all my RF (Reading Foundation) standards yellow.


I made this with my RTI group.  We also used magnetic word parts to compose and decompose words.

Oreo Reader

One of our strategies was teaching kiddos to be an "oreo" reader.  Basically we spent a lot of time modeling what it means to savor the text and really examine all the parts of a tasty book.


Inferences



Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment