Friday, June 10, 2016

Favorite Things




For this {Joyous June} post, I thought I'd take a moment to share about some of my favorite things in my favorite place: home.

Yes, home is probably one of my favorite places. After being "on" all day and surrounded by people, I like to come home to a (relatively) quiet space to decompress.


The suitcases

One is currently being used as our wedding card box:



But the rest are stacked in a nook near the guest bathroom.  



Not only are they cute and add a whimsical vibe, but they also are great for storing seasonal napkins and table runners.  I found these at Marshalls (not all at once) and like how they coordinate, but aren't identical.

Batman



Since this is a pencil drawing and in a grown up frame, I'm counting it as art.  I found this years ago at a second hand book store in Arizona and knew it was going to be a staple in my home.  I snagged the frame on clearance at Target and have never looked back.  Batman stands watch over our library/den/future kids' play room.

Rivalries

It's not a secret that B and I have different football teams.  I love him, but that doesn't mean I have to love his team.

So, we compromise:



We also took some of our engagement pictures in our different jerseys,


Incorporated our love of football into the shots,



And will be incorporating it into the wedding. 



Instead of the traditional garter toss, we'll be incorporating the football we used in our engagement shots.  It says our wedding date and "you're next" on it. 

These legacy banners are a constant reminder that while we're on the same team in life, it's okay to still be ourselves during football season.

 Jack Daniels



I can see my mother's face now.  Yes mom, I shared a picture of the booze.  Let me explain why. 

Inside the fancy case are two bottles of Jack Daniel's 75th anniversary bottles.  One is reserved for when B graduates college.  The other is for our wedding night, after the birth of future children, and other big life moments.  Some people have wine or champagne on hand for these things; we have Jack Daniels.  

The And Sign




We picked this up on a weekend trip to Arizona.  We'll be incorporating it into our engagement and wedding shots.  It reminds me of family and makes me smile every time I see it.

The Vase



This truly was one of my better pinterest projects!  It's a little hard to tell from the angle, but this vase was signed by our loved ones at our engagement party last year.  Instead of hiding memories away in a box, it's a unique way to incorporate that special day into our every day landscape.

(Vase and sharpies from Target, flowers from Michaels)

There's lots more I love about my home (and who I share it with), but alas, it's time for the gym.  Here's to working on those summer goals!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment