Monday, September 15, 2014

Today's (Work) Challenge

My school follows WIPR and is part of the Reading Rangers program.  This is my first year teaching with it, so I don't have enough evidence to make a sound judgment either way.

I do know that my kids have awesome reading stamina from years of following this program. I know they want to read. That in itself makes me very happy.

Today I had to do some classroom revisions.  Since I don't have any more bulletin boards, I shrunk the size of my "vibrant vocabulary" board.  Instead of an outdated word wall, this is where students take ownership over the interesting words, phrases, and vocabulary that they're encountering in their reading.

I dedicated the other portion of the board to Reading Rangers.  




(On a side note, I'm highly irritated that I'm short blue border! Off to Target I must go!)

I gave them paper plates to decorate as their badges.  Every time they pass a quiz (with 90 or 100%), they get a neon star to add to their plates.

I'm also in the process of making a count down to graduation board, which will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment