Tuesday, September 9, 2014

INFJ

Today's blogtember challenge was related to personality typing and strengths and weaknesses.

I've taken this before, but not in a few years.  I wasn't really surprised to see a change.

As of the test this morning, I'm an INFJ.  This makes me a rare unicorn :)  This combination is the rarest, coming in around 1% of the population.

Basically an extroverted introvert with confusing emotions.

When I need to be, I can be the most extroverted person.  Since I'm a teacher, this is natural. I have an outgoing, happy face and am talking almost all day long.

However, I also need my alone time. I need my down time. I need my time to just sit and reflect. I am on the go so often that I need time to just sit and be.  This desire, coupled with my (at times) outgoing personality is a weird concept to wrap my brain around but I'm glad I'm not alone. As I've grown up, I've accepted that it's okay to say no to social situations and it's okay to turn down things when I need recharging time.

The gist of my personality test:
-humanitarian
-idealist
-doer
-dreamer
-takes a disproportionate amount of responsibility
-deeply concerned with my relationships with others
-appear outgoing, but emotionally introverted
-need withdrawn alone time
-empathetic
-difficult to convey complex emotions
-strong writing skills
-academia and teaching
-liberal arts over sciences
-creative
-activist

Recommended careers: teacher, librarian, lawyer

Umm, yup.  Pretty much spot on.  I was pre-law before joining Teach for America.  I would love to be a librarian.  My college degrees are all in the liberal arts. 

It was a nice, self-reflective day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment