Saturday, September 13, 2014

Perspective

I have a lot of changes I'm adjusting to at my new school.  I spend my mornings remembering to collect lunch money and fill out agendas together before we leave at the end of the day.  I don't have to check for standard student attire and have an off prep period once every six days.  I have no classroom computers, but 28 in the pod right outside. I have five iPads in my classroom. My students want to read.  I have one or two stinkers and a few I'm worried about academically, but my students are great.  My coworkers are supportive. My school supports students' entire wellness, not just academic success.  There's a daily "moovin' in the morning" session that the PE teacher leads.  Walking out to the playground to see several hundred students playing kickball or doing zumba just warms my heart. The stress I'm feeling is from the beginning of the year adjustments.

But most importantly, I just feel happier when I'm there.



(This is the view from outside my pod's door.  How can you not be happy with that view?)

No comments:

Post a Comment