Monday, September 15, 2014

Blogtember Challenge: Mood Collage

Today's blogtember challenge:

Make a mood board. Are you brainstorming a room re-do, or are you dreaming of glamping with gal pals? Share a collage of any kind!

We just moved and are slowly unpacking the last little bits.  We have a three bedroom, 3 bathroom, single story home for us and our two fur babies.  One bedroom is obviously the master, which we just painted a slate blue with a gray accent wall.  There are white and silver accents with gray ombre silk curtains.  Eventually we'll upgrade to a king-sized bed with a matching bedroom set, but that's not a high priority.

One bedroom is currently a box fort, but will eventually be a nursery (in three to five years).  I don't really like the guest bath that's closest to the box fort, but that's also not in our budget right now.

I do love my den. I've got a fuzzy shag carpet (that won't show snags from my fur babies) and a big window. I've got lots of bookcases in there and hope to soon put in an oversized lounge chair.

So with that dream space in mind, I made my polyvore mood collage:




Now, I'm a realistic person.  White is the worst possible furniture choice, especially with seating.  Not only would I get it dirty very quickly, B would or the kittens would do something to it.  Plus I want to be a mom some day and white furniture screams canvas! 

I do like the tranquil feel of this den. I like a decorative rug, but worry about spending so much money on something that will quickly be outdated.  I am trying to steer away from trendy pieces, rather focusing on timeless investments.  I love pillows, blankets, and book shelves.  Amongst the chaos of back to school, I think I'm seeking a calm, peaceful place to escape.  For me, that's usually books and a blanket.

I think I need to carve out some me time soon to just nest and read.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment