Friday, October 16, 2015

Preach

I've had a lot of feelings lately, most of them being irritation with others.



I don't like feeling irritated with others. 

But I also have a firm sense of fairness and I get frustrated when others don't pull their weight.  I work hard, every day. I prioritize the tasks my grade level needs, then put my own classroom needs second.

I try new things and sometimes there are bumps in the road...that's okay!  I tried flipping my classroom this week and it was super awkward to talk to the camera.  I'll get better with practice.  I am tired of being told that it was a waste of time to try something new.

I'm tired.  

I'm tired of working so hard when others aren't.  

I'm also tired of their complaints about their long hours.  It doesn't count if you stay at work and chit chat with people for hours.  That's not working, that's socializing.  

I'm tired of the negativity about the school district.  Yes, we're in a crappy situation.  Yes, it could be worse.  Complaining about it every day doesn't make it better.

I'm tired of being put down.

I'm tired of being interrupted when I'm trying to work.  

I'm trying very, very hard to remain professional. I'm trying very hard to continue to be the bigger person, but it's exhausting.

{This article}, which is an open letter to teachers who bully other teachers, pretty much sums up 90% of how I feel. 

I wish I'd found it weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment