Sunday, October 4, 2015

Currently in October...

Reading... Al Capone Does My Homework...still.  It's hard to find independent reading time when all the pets leave me alone.

Playing... a delightful game called how long can I procrastinate finishing grading before panic sets in.  I've got a few reading tests left, but I seem to seriously lack the motivation to finish them.  It's not even a long test, I just don't seem to want to focus.

Watching... Football.  It's Sunday.  This is what we do.

Trying... to be productive. I'm procrastinating work with other work, so that counts, right?

Cooking... salsa verde chicken in the crockpot for dinner.  Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, a bottle of Blue Moon, a jar of green salsa, and a dash of cumin.  Simmering on low for eight hours, then will be shredded for tacos for dinner. 

As a happy coincidence, October 4th is National Taco Day.


Eating... fruit for breakfast! 

Drinking... V8.  There's a strawberry lemonade version with low sugar and lots of nutrients, but it doesn't taste like vegetables in a glass. 

Calling... friends later.  It's been far too long.

Texting... my work wives. 

Pinning... wedding ideas.  I've got dress appointments in December and am fairly positive about what direction we're going with bridal party attire.

Tweeting... gosh, about nothing! It's been a while since I've been on instagram and twitter.

Going... to Arizona soon!

Loving... life.  Focusing on the amazing people in my life and trying not to be sad about friendships ending.  Some just naturally run their course. 

Hating... my allergies.  Crosswalk duty, playground duty, and walks with Waffles aren't helping!

Discovering... my life is an endless series of baby showers.  We just had one at work.  There is another one on Tuesday.  There will be another one in November.  All my friends are having babies...on purpose.  Welcome to adulthood.

Thinking... about a nap.  Goodness I love naps.

Feeling... sleepy!  It was a busy, busy weekend and I'm just catching my breath.  I'm so fortunate to have great friends.  Last night we went to Greek fest (Opa!) and a friend's birthday party.

Hoping (for)... cooler temperatures.  It's October. I'd like to shut off the AC and open the screen door. 

Listening (to)... Football. Obviously. 

Celebrating... my future FIL's (Father-in-law) birthday later.  

Smelling... nothing. Thank you allergies.

Thanking... my tribe.  You know who you are.

Considering... joining the nap party that's happening in the house.  Waffles is asleep at my feet and Crookshanks is on the counter.  

Starting... freak out about paying for the wedding.  Thank goodness we have help...but still.

Finishing... grading.  It's an endless, daunting task.  Then finishing lesson plans.  Sigh.






What are YOU up to currently?

No comments:

Post a Comment