Saturday, August 16, 2014

New Teacher Guide

I really enjoyed Tom Angleberger's The Strange Case of Origami Yoda when I read it last year for the Battle of the Books. 



I utilized Scholastic's book orders to snag myself the sequels at a very discounted rate.  The books will make their way into my classroom library as soon as I'm done reading them :)

The first book I found while organizing my library was The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee so I tackled this one first. 



However, a few pages in I realized I was reading the series out of chronological order, which is a huge literary faux pas.  However since I can't find Darth Paper Strikes Back, I am coping with my literary betrayal (sorry Tom Angleberger!).  

This was a quick read at under two hundred pages.  My 24 page teacher guide and chronological order sort for this novel are available now on TpT.  Once I've finished Darth Paper Strikes Back, The Surprise Attack of Jabba the Puppet, and Princess Labelmaker to the Rescue I will create a character sort center as well.  I just don't feel I know these characters well enough to make a quality sort for my fifth graders. 




Happy reading and may the Force be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment