Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Crossin' My Fingers...

As I previously shared, I didn't get the performance zone coaching position I applied for.  After the news broke, there were a few mopey hours (I'm human) but I realized it wasn't meant to be.

So I kept going and kept researching new opportunities.

Yesterday I submitted my application to be a technology/digital coach.  I love my tech tools and (appropriately) integrating technology into my lessons.  I'd love to spend my days working with other teachers and helping them make the most of amazing web 2.0 tools and integrate technology into their learning activities.

This morning, I worked on my application to be a literacy coach.  Clearly I love reading and would be focusing solely on helping teachers with their small and whole group instruction.  I'm submitting that application when I go back to the district office next week (I have Monday night classes).

I also emailed a few leads about a librarian endorsement and if RPDP offers the right summer classes, I can be a librarian next year (if I have six hours on my provisional license).  Worst case scenario and none of the classes I need are offered? I'll take them next year and spend one more year in the classroom...perhaps in primary? I've heard second grade is pretty fun...

I love that I have a few different venues that I'd be completely happy with.  I'm also slightly terrified that it's mid-March and I don't know what I'll be teaching/doing next year.

(If that uncertainty wasn't enough, I'm meeting with a Realtor on Friday because I'm going to be purchasing my first home...scary steps!)

I'm crossin' my fingers that everything works out as it's meant to.  As long as I'm in some capacity working with reading and technology, I'll be just fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment