Friday, January 29, 2016

Slowly but surely

Slowly but surely, I'm checking items off the wedding list.

The Photo Booth

I've been communicating with the coordinator for our photo booth about the logos we'd like at the bottom of the photo strips.  I'm strongly leaning towards this one:



but wanted to see how it would look in our colors, with our names, and in different color combinations.  There were two other ones that I like as well, but progress!

I'm also going to pick up our wedding photobooth scrapbook album early because I'm customizing it.  This may be my inner bridezilla coming out, but I just don't trust what their idea of "decorating" the album is.  I've been watching the sales at Joanns and using coupons, so most of my album stuff was less than full price.

But yes, I'm going to be type A and trace out where I'd like the photo strips glued.  I'm having one of my bridesmaids do my bridal shower scrapbook (that took a bit of trust, but I know my mom is supervising), so I want to still do something.

Jewelry

I ordered these gorgeous earrings from {etsy} for my bridesmaids:



They have navy (marine) dresses, so this will go really well.  They all picked dresses with fancy necklines, so that eliminated the need for necklaces.  I also ordered myself a pair to wear to the bridal shower & rehearsal dinner, so I can feel close to my ladies.

Thank you gifts

I'm not quite sure if it's customary to get my mom and MIL a gift on the wedding day...but I did! They are gorgeous and I'm sure will be tear-inducing (sorry mom).  I just wanted to show them both my (our) appreciation for their support over the years.

Thank you cards

I haven't technically bought them yet, but I've got my eyes on some custom thank you cards from this {etsy} shop.  The seller has been super easy to work with, so that gives me hope!  I ordered something else from this seller, so depending on the quality, I'll hopefully be back for more!  I wanted thank you from the future Mrs. S cards and thank yous from the new Mr. and Mrs. cards.  I think it's a bit cheesy to send out thank you cards with our faces on them, so I'd rather do more traditional thank you cards.  Our wedding will fall close to Christmas, so we'll be sending out holiday cards with our wedding pictures on them anyway.  And...let's be real, the thank you cards won't get out by the holidays.  Three months is standard, right?

Address stamp

Okay, I haven't technically bought this one either.  I'm waiting for my paycheck from {TpT} to order a {stamp} with my new last name.  I ordered one for our invitations (bridal shower, engagement shower, wedding invitations, save the dates) and it's already worth it.   Plus I have a 10% off coupon for being a repeat customer, so that's super convenient! 

Shoes

Um...there's a few I like on zappos.  I'm having difficulty narrowing down my like list...

Flower girl basket

I asked our flower girl's mom if it'd be okay, but we haven't formally asked our flower girl yet.  I did, however, find an adorable dress and already have a craft vision!

I want this:



Without paying the etsy price. Armed with wine, coupons, and a hot glue gun, I'm sure I can make this for half the cost.  

Cake topper

The last initial ones are cute.  But we're leaning towards a custom one incorporating Batman.  Our wedding should feel like us.  He gave me the full go ahead on this purchase.  It's the same price as the generic craft store ones, but personalized.  Our wedding should reflect us.

Next up?

Scheduling engagement pictures.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment