Sunday, January 10, 2016

Looking Ahead...



2016 is shaping up to be the busiest year yet!  Besides you know, my own wedding (and bridal shower, bachelorette party, engagement pictures, and rehearsal dinner), there are lots of other events that are happening this year.  

I tend to self identify as a teacher first and a person second...and that script needs to be flipped.  One of my resolutions is to take care of myself first and prioritize me.

2016, as of right now, brings:

Olivia's Bridal Shower....this month! I RSVPed and am picking up her gift today.

3 weddings...I swear I can make my own TLC special!  Two are in March, are eight days apart, and in two different states.  Thank goodness the out of state one is on a Saturday that coincides with spring break so we'll be able to make it. The other is here and my academic coach at school is covering my class for the last hour and a half of the day so I can leave, shower, change, and be gorgeous for a late afternoon wedding.  This saves me from having to take a half day sub and save my sick days.  (If I use none, I get 4 personal days for next school year...which I'll need for my own wedding weekend!)  The last is over the summer and requires travel.  We'll budget and make it work.

The big 3-0...not for me! Both B and my bestie turn 3-0 this year, so epic celebrations will occur.  B's is in April and hers is in December.  Time to start planning.

Waffles turns 1!  Yes...she'll have a barkday party in March.  I'm not ashamed.  She'll get a massive bone and we'll go to the dog park.  Friends with pups are invited!

The cats turn 5! Yikes, my first fur babies are five.  They'll have a more low key celebration...meaning extra turkey snacks and ear scratches.

DENSI...maybe?  The date and location haven't been released yet (nor have I applied), but there's a possibility I'll be spending a week learning this summer...somewhere!

East Coast Winter...over President's Day, I'll be visiting my bestie at Yale.  I am not prepared for what this "winter" looks like in New England.  However, I have awesome work friends who are lending me winter attire since it appears a cardigan just won't do!

Escape Room!  We got a groupon for an escape room at our engagement shower and added six more people to it for Christmas gifts!  I'm looking forward to testing the bounds of friendship with the added stress of puzzles, competition, and time limits. 
 

As of right now, there are no pending baby showers on the horizon...unless any of my friends have something to share?

What's in store for you in 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment