Sunday, January 17, 2016

Photo shoot

Last weekend was a blur of finalizing report card comments and a family photo shoot.  My friend Chelsea organized a hair cutting fundraiser a few months ago and I won a photo shoot from an awesome local photographer.  Instead of using this for pictures of me, B, and Waffles, I decided to gift it to his mom as part of her Christmas gift.  She doesn't have any nice, formal pictures of the whole family and I thought she'd appreciate it.  (I was right).

I worked with the photographer and the rest of the family on coordinating dates, location, and a color scheme.  Since we had a relatively large group, I did end up having to pay a bit out of pocket for the shoot.  There were nine of us, so that made sense.  We went with an afternoon shoot at Calico Basin, in Red Rock, on the outskirts of Las Vegas.

The whole process took a little over an hour and the photographer had an amazingly fast turn around time.  B and I will probably be back to that location to shoot our one year anniversary pictures because it was gorgeous.

We'll be using shutterfly to order some gallery wrapped prints for his parents after his mom finalizes her choice.  I'll also be ordering a 5x7 print of this one:


(Photo credit: Kelsey Correa)


I was a little bummed that she didn't take more of just me and B, but then I realized this was about his mom, her mom, her two sons, the wives (or wifey to be in my case), and the grandkids.  We'll have our "just us" photo shoot in a few months at a super secret location.  We'll use those pictures in our save the dates, which should go out around Easter.  Our formal invitations will go out around Labor Day for our November wedding.

The photographer was also able to capture some sweet moments of my niece and nephew, as well as a four generation picture.  

This was my first experience doing a family photo shoot, period.  It was such a great experience and I can't wait to do this again with our future kids and family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment