Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Grateful November 2: Good friends

Tonight one of my dear friends and her boyfriend are coming over to help us with a project.

A few weeks ago, we inherited two couches from his parents because they upgraded.  We moved my original couch into the den (because I'm not ready to part with it) and brought in two new (to us) pieces.



I was hesitant at first because the love seat has a broken spring.  However, the living room does look more complete and it's nice to have more seating for when guests come over (you know, like in a week when I get married).  

However, the cushions need new padding and the love seat lacks some structural support.  We looked on Amazon at different "sofa saver" ideas, but want to pick our friends' brains because they've recently reupholstered their (Craig's List) couch.

We found an online store for foam if necessary since Joann's doesn't sell thick enough cushions or polyester batting.  

I'm grateful for friends who will come brainstorm our DIY project strategies and help us with the project.  I'm grateful to his parents for giving us their couches, prolonging our need to buy new furniture for a few years.  I'm grateful for relatively inexpensive fixes that help sustain the life of things.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment