Saturday, December 19, 2015

Dashing through December


Disclaimer:  I wrote this fifteen days ago.  I was too tired to hit "publish".  I just realized it now. It has been that kind of month.
  Reading... A Snicker of Magic.  It's the next book for Battle of the Books.  My goal is to finish it by the end of winter break.




Playing... is it Winter Break yet?! 9 days...9 days...I'm playing this countdown in my head. 

Watching... Parks and Rec.  We just finished A Very Murray Christmas on Netflix!

Trying... to be positive.  This weekend was consumed by work.  I had to prep for thirty six conferences.  Each sheet for my students took, on average, twenty minutes.  I have three dozen students.  That was my weekend.  Oh wait, I also did laundry.  

Being a grown up really stinks sometimes.

Cooking... nothing.  We had left overs for dinner.

Eating... nothing. Wishing I had Christmas cookies...

Drinking... hot tea in an attempt to clear out my sinuses.

Calling... no one. But I think my bed is calling me!

Texting...no one. I don't actually know where my phone is...

Pinning... teaching ideas, always.

Tweeting... gosh, about nothing! It's been a while since I've been on instagram and twitter.

Going... to defeat this week.  I have Battle of the Books on Monday, kids before & after school on Tuesday for retakes, parent teacher conferences starting Wednesday, a friend's performance of Grease on Thursday, staff party Friday, math training Saturday morning, possibly a grade-in protest Saturday afternoon, a friend's ugly sweater party Saturday, and wedding dress shopping on Sunday.

Loving... that our Christmas decorations are up and I love them.

Hating... how the expectations from the school district never end, but my pay gets smaller and smaller...

Discovering... my hidden reserves of patience.  It's December.  My students are acting ridiculous.

Thinking... about the lesson plans I should put into curriculum engine.  We have to post our lesson plans...and it's the last thing I want to do.

Feeling... like bed at 8 pm seems like a wonderful idea!

Hoping (for)...successful parent-teacher conferences.  By successful, I mean not hostile.

Listening (to)...Parks and Rec.

Celebrating... it's almost winter break and that means a break from my alarm. 

Smelling... nothing. Thank you allergies.

Thanking... my coworkers for their honesty that yes, right now really does stink and at least we're in this together.

Considering... what to take to work for lunch since I didn't make it to the grocery store this weekend...oops.

Starting... to realize I have to make wedding decisions, for real, soon.

Finishing... grading.  It's an endless, daunting task.  Then finishing lesson plans.  Sigh.






What are YOU up to currently?

No comments:

Post a Comment