It's a little baffling to realize that it's the end of June. It's been a very hectic month, so let's recap!
- I wrapped up my sixth year teaching and my first year at my new school. The end of the year was a bit anti-climactic. No one cried. I just got a few hugs and one thank you card. With all the frustrating choices about six of my students made, I think their negativity just rubbed off on everyone. I'm hoping next year is better!
- I had six trainings. Some were useful. Some were not.
- I had LASIK. I'm still recovering from that, which means lots of eye drops (and naps).
- We took a weekend trip to see my family in Arizona. We went to Old Tucson, saw Jurassic World, and had some nice family time.
- I had some girl time. Between Starbucks lunch dates, dinners, and dancing, I had friend time and it was great for my soul.
- I worked on plans for DENSI 2015 next month and the best friend time that follows!
- I worked on a book. I hope to be done with it by this weekend!
- I had baby time :) I saw my nephew and two of my coworkers' newborns. So cute!
- We had my niece's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. B was just as excited as the six year olds.
- I hosted my first Jamberry fundraiser for a friend's kiddo. I was able to help her raise $80 toward her cheer and choir expenses.
- Oh yeah, and we adopted a puppy! She's a handful!
Luckily July looks a little less busy! On the docket is vet appointments for all three fur babies. I've got an in house pa-JAM-a party (Jamberry nails and brunch), and more reading. Plus ten days in Washington DC :)
August brings another two weeks of relaxation before it's back to work with three days of math training before I'm "officially back".
I may need a summer break to recover from my summer!