Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tiger Rising Chronological Order Sort

I've just posted another chronological order sort to my TpT page!  This is product # 84 :)

This one is for Kate DiCamillo's novel The Tiger Rising.  It includes twenty six events and an answer key for students to check their work.

In doing this, students will see how Rob, Willie Mae and Sistene develop over time (aligning with RL 5.5 of text structure with the Common Core state standards). 

My students play this center as a culminating activity when they're done with the novel (because the center reveals events that end at at book).  They usually play it once or twice before moving on to another novel but I have 12 groups, so another group reads the novel soon and I can reuse the center the whole year!

As a challenge, I like to have my students create additional events to put into the sort or choose an event to write about.  They love the challenge!

My students love these sorts and you can snag one for your students too!

No comments:

Post a Comment