Monday, December 23, 2013

Tech Tip: Dafont

One of my favorite places to download fun fonts is dafont.

There are free fonts & commerical fonts, so make sure to read the fine print.

You can navigate easily with a search bar or use their categories:



At the time of this post, there were over 22,000 fonts there!  

You download the files, extract them and save the True Text files in your "fonts" folder on control panel. (I'm a PC person...so MAC, I'm sure it's a similar process).

Find your file (I usually save to the desktop or my downloads):



Extract it:



Open control panel, find fonts folder:



Select fonts from extracted files:



Drag your new font over!



You may have to restart word for the fonts to appear as an option.  

Some of my favorites:



If you create something and want to send it to someone who might not have the fonts, be sure to save as a pdf rather than a word document.

Dafont isn't blocked on my school computer, so I was able to use these fonts in my classroom.  If it is blocked, create documents at home and send them to yourself as PDFs.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment