Sunday, June 5, 2016

Joyous June, Day 5

 {Joyous June}, post 2

Yesterday we helped my friend Kendall move out of her rented town home.  She'll be staying with her uncle for a few months while he recovers from surgery and while the house she purchased goes through the short sale & closing process, but her landlord wouldn't let her do a month to month lease.  So on the hottest day of the year, we moved her out of her home and into a storage facility.  Between the heat and the wind, I'm not feeling so great today thanks to allergies.

But wait, this is a joyous post.  Today I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to relax and recuperate.  I have some house chores but for the most part, get to rest.  Tomorrow I get my face CT and am starting to get some answers for my chronic sinus infections.

I'm also joyous that Kendall is purchasing her first home.  With all the talk about finances and how my age group (us 25-34-ers) struggle and may never own a home, it's nice to see so many of my friends beating those statistical odds.  After our crafting night on Friday, four of us were chatting and the subject quickly turned adult.  We talked about home warranties and refinancing.  We talked about new appliances and five year plans for home improvements.  The whole adulting thing just snuck up on us and I'm not sure I like it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment