Thursday, June 29, 2017

Pause

As I've shared a few times, I'm in the middle of Teach Like a Pirate.  


I've been enjoying the book and all the teaching ideas that are flowing from the author's open-ended questions.

Between tidying the house, unpacking from my trip, and deep cleaning, I've been breaking up my house work with escaping into the book.

Yesterday, I headed to school for two main tasks.  

First, the Sunshine social club cabinet was in desperate need of tidying.  By tidying, I mean I took everything out, wiped down the shelves, organized by item, and trashed some particularly disgusting ancient table cloths and bowls.  It looks so much better now.



Second, we were doing open library.  Students are invited in for two hours to read and take AR quizzes.  There were several teachers there for a half-dozen kids, so I didn't feel bad about only being in the library for the entire time. 

One of my former students (he's off to sixth grade) was there and it was good to see him.  Upon leaving, he inquired if I'd finished The Dark Prophecy yet because he'd like to read it.



The libraries don't have it yet and he is eager to tackle the next adventure.   Wooed by his puppy dog eyes and eagerness to read, I gave in and said he could borrow it next Wednesday at open library.  He was thrilled (as were his parents).

I'm currently on chapter five (page 43ish) of a 400 page book...so I've got some reading (and note taking) to do.



Sorry, Teach Like a Pirate, we're taking a break in the name of making a kiddo happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment