Monday, June 24, 2013

Testing Motivation

Testing....testing.....

For many of my fifth graders, standardized testing means lots of anxiety.  To ease their fears, I created little incentives to boost their confidence each day.  I wrote letters home to families (in English and Spanish) asking for good luck letters for my young scholars.  Coupled with treats and good luck banners, my students felt loved and encouraged to do their best!



Other testing ideas include:

"good luck smartie pants!" (always a classic when combined with smarties candies)





"don't be an airhead!" (with airhead candy)

"don't blow it! Take your time and do your best!" (with blowpops)

A new pencil to help you dazzle your readers (for the writing test)





I love when my students feel successful :)


No comments:

Post a Comment