Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Craftiness

Due to budget cuts and attempts to be thrifty, I am a huge fan of upcycling.  Essentially, it's reusing and recycling objects into cuter, more useful objects.  


Project One

Mason jar + stickers + Popsicle sticks = I'm done jar.  Students can draw a stick when they've completed a task and choose their next activity until the rest of the class is done with the task at hand.


(Popsicle sticks not pictured)

Project 2

Using tissue box wood covers from a craft store (Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's, etc), modge podge, packing tape and scrapbook paper, I created cute tissue boxes for my classroom.


The batman one was made by photocopying old comics from the 1960's onto pink paper before making a collage.  The other is just polkadotted scrapbook paper.  

Just a quick project to add a touch of whimsy to my classroom :)

Project 3

Using old, brown magazine holders, electrical tape (pink and blue), scrapbook paper and modge podge, I upcycled to these: 


Way more fun then standard brown ones.  Pink chevron print, black with white hearts and blue polka dots fit perfectly in my classroom.  Plus, they were under $2.00 each to upcycle!

Happy crafting!
-Ms. Vice

No comments:

Post a Comment