Friday, January 5, 2018

So...how was break?

I hate that question because there's no right answer.

If I talk about the work I did, I get attitude.

If I talk about the relaxing I did, I get attitude.



So, here was break:

My hubby, our pets, and I headed down to Arizona for five days.  We enjoyed time with my momma, brother, his gf Leah, my bestie, her family, and met my bestie's boyfriend.  We played lots of board games and I helped my mom set up her {Etsy Quilt Shop}.



We also prepared for our new roommate.

Ms. P, my second student teacher, is moving in for a few months while she subs in CCSD.  She's not sure if she wants to teach here or in Utah, so this is a short term solution for her while she figures out her next steps.

We cleaned out the far guest bedroom and got ready for her arrival.

I did a lot of grading.  I saved my retakes and semester exams for the last week of school because I wanted to maximize Ms. P's teaching opportunities in my classroom by letting her actually teach, not just




Yes, three whole inches of grading!  All of that had to be done and entered before I could write 25 report card comments.  Don't worry, all of those got done too!


With help, of course.

I made copies for the first day back, wrote lesson plans for the month of January, prepped new books,



and fought with curriculum engine (the online tool where we write our lesson plans):




I also enjoyed lots of pet snuggling time, 





got my teeth cleaned, went to the orthodontist, took Crooksie to the vet, watched Season 1 of Stranger Things, got my eyebrows waxed, got my nails done, took down Christmas decorations, enjoyed several lunches with friends, had Starbucks time, wrote, reflected on the new year, watched a lot of Netflix, napped, and did some reading.

I look forward to a restful weekend and doing no school work until Monday.  #balance

No comments:

Post a Comment