Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Prepping for Day 1, Round 2

The first day back from Winter Break is basically the first day of school all over again.

While it's important to jump back into the swing of things, it's also important to take into account the emotions of my students.  Some are upset about being back to school, but others have missed the stability and consistency that school provides.

I'm treating the first morning back from break like August all over again.  

We are going to change seats, re-establish class jobs, share about our breaks (while respecting that not everyone had epic adventures),and do some goal setting:


This {freebie} is perfect for our morning and I managed to get it copied before winter break.




We will be doing a pretest for our next math unit, a sort for our new reading unit, and having some computer time. 

After the kids leave, I'll prep the rest of my materials for the rest of the week.  One day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment