Monday, January 8, 2018

Second Semester, Day 1

We got through roughly half of what I'd planned for the day.  We did a lot of goal setting today.  But I don't necessarily think that was a bad thing.

We talked about the difference between goals and dreams.

From there, we talked about a goal vs. a SMART goal.



(This image is from my daily morning journals, available {here} and currently on sale). 

We set reading, math, school, and life goals.

I modeled the differences between a goal and a SMART goal:











Yes, taking attendance on time is one of my goals. The office is quite pleased.



We then recorded our goals in our {flip book}.



We also reviewed the difference between daily, weekly, and monthly goals:



It was a busy, busy first day back. We also went to library, looked at our 50+ new books (I've been doing some cleaning), took the math pre-test, talked about our upcoming field trip, and got on the computer for Lexia practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment