Sunday, October 1, 2017

Teacher Tip: The Roster

Apparently I shared my love of "the roster" a few  years ago with this {post} but it was worth revisiting.

This weekend, I sat down to grade their autobiographies.

I made the rubric with the kiddos:


(They self-assessed in pencil and I scored with the highlighter.  It lends itself to a good discussion and helps the students be reflective of their own work.  They get the rubric before the editing and revising process so they know exactly what I'm looking for when I grade their work.)
 
I am looking at eight different standards with this assignment. We spent a month on it and specifically practiced each different component.

However, eight grades for 25 kids is a lot to keep track of.

Enter the roster:



I simply put the standard at the top and fill in their grades for each of the scored standards.  Then when it's time to put the scores in the grade book, I simply type down the list (because it's already in alphabetical order). 

Hooray for time savers!

No comments:

Post a Comment