Saturday, October 28, 2017

Disneyland isn't the greatest place on earth

It's rare to find a place of employment where you truly enjoy going day after day.

I've found that with my school site and for that, I am abundantly blessed.

Between work friends who understand the power of random surprise gifts of Starbucks (because there is no greater gift than caffeine) and a supportive environment, I couldn't ask for a better job.


Our school fully embraces holiday celebrations, extra recess for when the kids need brain breaks, and educating the whole child.  Yes, standards are important, but it's also understood that as teachers, we have an emotional and moral responsibility as well.  I care about test scores, but I care more about who my students become.

Between our potlucks, spirit days, and very active Sunshine committee, I feel blessed to be around such awesome teachers.

I'd also like to give a shout out to my friends and students' parents who helped make this possible:


We've got some floor cushions and other wiggle options en route!

Bummed you didn't get to donate to this project? You can always check out my most active projects {here} if you're in the giving mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment