Sunday, September 17, 2017

Craft-a-poluzza

I shall affectionately call this weekend my own craft-a-poluzza.

Friday afternoon was spent at Applebee's with a few coworkers, followed by a relaxing evening at home.  I did some laundry, graded the one assignment I had to, labelled some new books for my students, and washed my make-up brushes (living the dream, I know!).

Saturday started with breakfast with a family member, then shopping for baby showers until the early afternoon.

My friend Mrs. K has a birthday next month and I wanted to make her a new Disney wreath for her front door.  I used different sized grape vine wreaths to recreate Mickey's iconic outline:



I also wove in leaves to give it a fall theme.  I didn't attach the leaves on purpose so she can take them out and hang up Christmas lights or hearts for upcoming holidays.


I took it over and surprised her with it. 
  
I also finished a baby shower scrapbook, a baby onesie, and the next project in {Rule 11}.  However, since the gift hasn't been delivered yet, I'm keeping that one under wraps for now.

I also enjoyed a nap, friend time, went to a house warming party, and painted my nails in preparation for next week.

I didn't do a lot of school work this weekend but that's okay because work-life balance is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment