Sunday, September 17, 2017

Wait, What?

I blinked and it is week six of the school year.

I'm not quite sure how that happened, but I'm loving third grade.  I'm definitely still adjusting to the difference in ages.  When I plan activities, I'm thinking about where fifth graders are at the end of the year and quite frankly, that's a big difference when compared to where my third graders are right now. 

We've already had our back to school rodeo night:


Sorting into houses:



Potluck:




As well as received our first book orders, had book fair, and completed benchmark standardized testing. 

We've had fire drills and a practice lock down.  We've had our first Reading Rangers graduate, assemblies, I've been observed by several different teachers, and been in lots of meetings.  

Things are going well with my mentee, who is another third grade teacher in my pod.  I also have a student teacher and I'm learning how this teaching relationship works.  Both my mentee and my student teacher are doing great!

Bring on week 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment