Wednesday, September 7, 2016

I'm in a blogging dry spell.

It's not that I don't want to sit down and write because I do.  I really, really do.  There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day right now.

I'm still here, just consumed with the chaos of back to school and putting the final touches on wedding planning.

My goal is to spend some time catching up this weekend on preparing for the first week, how the first week actually went, surgery updates, and wedding things.  Theoretically I'll do some goal setting posts, crafting ones, and maybe even join the blogtember challenge.

But frankly, my priorities are:

1. Work.
2. Sleep.
3. Food.
4. Assembling wedding invitations.

It seems everything else just kind of falls to the wayside during the first few weeks of school.

I started feeling behind, then went out of town to enjoy my three day weekend with family, so am in major catch up mode.  It won't be this way forever.

But first I've got to make it through Open House (Thursday) which means today is another long day.

I keep telling myself it's worth it. I've got thirty five kids and honestly, thirty four are awesome. I'm having trouble connecting and motivating the last one. I don't want to call home the second week of school, but I don't want to fight with him all year either.  I reached out to one of his former teachers for ideas to motivate him, so hopefully she has some answers.

But alas, it's time for another day of ten year olds.



#yeareight

 

No comments:

Post a Comment