Saturday, February 1, 2014

Equivalent Fractions Bingo

During our intervention block, we've been working on equivalent fractions.

By no fault of their own, our kiddos have a very limited understanding of what fractions mean so we've been doing a lot of whole group intervention.

I found this adorable freebie on TpT, created by Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas and available here that has been so much fun for my kiddos!


She's also made Darth Vader & Princess versions, which my other small groups enjoyed!


I love doing math stations because it's a formative assessment and I can pull small groups.  I love hearing their discourse (discussions) and how they help each other find equivalent fractions.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love seeing your kids playing my games!
    Thank you so much for the great pictures, I am your newest follower!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I shared your awesome stations with the rest of my grade level so all the fifth graders got to play!

    ReplyDelete