Monday, February 17, 2014

Sheesh, one holiday at a time!

I expect Valentine's Day celebrations to go hand in hand with President's Day.  However, I was shocked when I logged onto pinterest yesterday (that'd be February 16th) and saw a flood of crafty St. Patricks' Day classroom activities.  It's a month away! 

I know teaching things need prep...but we just got done with one holiday! I haven't even thought about putting away house hold decorations and am certainly not done eating the chocolates my munchkins spoiled me with!  

So I slowly, carefully backed away from the computer screen.  I'll look up St. Patty's Day things during our upcoming Reading Week since the fifth grade was assigned "Europe" for the global theme.  One of our spirit days is to dress up like our chosen continent, so perhaps I'll tie St. Patty's Day in with my Ireland attire.  Other than that, I have no idea what we'll be doing for the 17th of March and I'm okay with that.  There's a lot of learning in the next month to cover and plan for anyway.  We've got assemblies, testing, a snake expert coming, kickball (our first surprise monthly motivator) and more.  I need to write sub plans before I dive into the next holiday.

But in all seriousness, one holiday at a time.  Enjoy the moment instead of just rushing to the next event.


No comments:

Post a Comment